Insurance Products

Civil & Earthmoving Insurance

Civil & earthmoving construction is the creation of infrastructure involving anything to do with water, earth, or transport.

It is a brand of civil engineering involved with the maintenance, design, and construction of both natural and physically built environments such as road, railways, buildings, water reservoirs, sub-divisions, airports, bridges, sewer systems, tunnels and dams.

The civil & earthmoving industry consists of the individuals, companies, and other interested parties who are involved in the planning, creation, and design of Australia’s infrastructure.

Type of Work Performed in the Civil & Earthmoving Industry

Tasks performed in the industry include planning, creation, and maintenance of public infrastructure. These include:

  • Liaising with governments, clients, and other professionals.
  • Studying, evaluating, and investigating the land and building sites suitable for the possible creation of infrastructure.
  • Adhering to the guidelines created by the government, local bodies, and clients when planning, creating and maintaining infrastructure.
  • Creating infrastructure plan and having these approved by governing bodies and local authorities.
  • Creating cost estimates and contracts.
  • Tendering contracts and hiring contractors.
  • Supervising and monitoring the construction of the infrastructure to ensure it matches the plan.

Learn how EWIB can help you

Choosing the appropriate kind of business insurance for civil & earthmoving is no easy task. It can be complex for starters to know what is being covered and what isn’t, especially with the lack of professional guidance from the right brokers. The last thing you want is to run the very real risk of not being adequately protected.

Our team at East West Insurance Brokers provide on-going training to our broking team, which means that you’re always getting cutting-edge advice. Our industry often evolves, with new products being offered and developed frequently. Thus, it can be tough to know what to choose unless you work with civil & earthmoving insurance every day. Our brokers can work with you to ensure that your business receives a fitting level of protection.

Insurance policies we can assist you with:

Plant & Equipment (Hired In, Dry Hire, Owned & Operated)

When you are working with plant machinery and equipment – whether it’s hired, a dry hire or owned and operated – you need to be protected. We offer cover specifically designed to provide protection for business owners operating earthmoving equipment in the mining, construction, and civil works industries.

Cover options include:

  • Plant & Equipment Material Damage
  • Public Liability
  • Loss of Revenue & Finance Gap Protection
  • Road Risk Liability
  • Substitute Hire Vehicle
  • Mechanical Breakdown
  • Dry Hire / Wet Hire

Motor Vehicle (Commercial, Heavy, Fleet, with Trailer)

This insurance cover protects for loss or damage to your vehicle(s), as well as damage to third party vehicles and property.

Cover options include:

  • Comprehensive Motor
  • Third Party Liability
  • Windscreen Replacement
  • Rental Vehicle following an accident
  • No Claims Bonus Protection

Contract Works

Contract Works Insurance is designed for licensed builders and owner builders to protect you from Material Damage and Public & Products Liability risks during a civil, commercial, or residential project.

Cover options include:

  • Material Damage
  • Public & Products Liability
  • Personal Accident & Sickness

Public & Products Liability

This insurance cover protects your business if you are legally liable for third party personal injury and/or property damage. Public & Products Liability covers a range of business accidents, legal costs and compensation payments.

Cover options include:

  • Public & Products Liability
  • Error & Omissions
  • Environmental Protection
  • Product Recall

Professional Indemnity

This insurance cover is designed for professionals who provide advice or services to their clients.

Cover options include:

  • Civil Liabilities
  • Public Relations Costs
  • Legal & Defence Costs
  • Claims Investigation Costs
  • Injury & Property Damage

Why Is Civil & Earthmoving Insurance Important?

At East West Insurance Brokers, we understand that earthmovers are exposed to potentially significant risks at work and machinery losses where the amount of losses are extremely excessive. With that, making sure you’re insured with a specialised insurance solution is of the utmost importance for your business and keeping your employees protected.

We have a vast understanding of the civil & earthmoving industry and understand that no two businesses are the same. We will help you understand what cover is appropriate and what you should consider for your business and then tailor the insurance to fit your business needs.

How Confident Are You that Your Insurance Risks are Adequately Covered?

East West Insurance Brokers aim to arrange the most appropriate cover for you by providing tailored solutions to suit your business needs. We will also support and assist you, in the event of a claim.

Speak to us to ensure your business is protected with appropriate civil & earthmoving insurance today.

*Please note all insurance policies have exclusions. Please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement or Policy Wording before deciding whether the insurance policy meets your needs.

Have a Question?

Get in Touch.

We would be very pleased to answer your questions and assist you to secure cost-effective and risk-effective insurance.

If you would like to discuss any of these fields or would like to get started with us as your insurance broker, feel free to give us a call on 1800 809 132 or get in touch online.

WordPress Image Lightbox